Thursday, July 27, 2017

Out of the Mouth of Babes














Nobody’s made me out a fool
Like three year olds in Sunday School.
One day I thought I’d sound real wise
And asked, “Who here likes butterflies?”

All hands shot quickly to the sky,
“I saw a yellow butterfly!”
“They eat the nectar from the flowers.”
These kids, I swear, had super powers!

“Bees turn nectar into honey,
The bee guy sells it for his money!”
“My cousin’s mom got stung last week!”
“But honey’s good, its really sweet!”

“Chocolate’s sweet, it causes wrecks!”
“Mom says it is better than sex!”
“Six is my favorite number today!
Today’s my cousin’s sixth birthday!”

Like butterflies from flower to flower
Their comments wandered for an hour
From butterflies and honey bees
To birds and squirrels in the trees.

Then Airplanes, clouds and astronauts.
“And ants live in the parking lot!”
I’ve been to college; three degrees!
Sometimes I wish that I were three.

No comments:

Post a Comment