Sunday, November 22, 2009

Why Do I Write?














I write and I smile, I write and they nod,
And yet, you still ask me why.
I write to tell stories, I write to have fun,
Must I tender a thoughtful reply?

I’ve been in the grip of the darkness,
Where courage is squeezed from your heart.
Like a python constricting a rodent
It seldom releases its mark!

For now, I am free of this monster
But I feel it, just outside my senses
So I’ve chosen the vantage of poets
No hypocrisy, no guile, no pretenses!

For a poet sees rainbows on a dark rainy day,
The raw truth is all that’s exacted.
A poet sees life through the eyes of his God;
White light through a prism refracted!

I write, because out here the sun shines;
Possibilities spread far and wide.
Please, let me bask in the sunshine
Lest I am dragged back inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment