Monday, April 21, 2014

THE BLUE AND THE GREY



I woke up this morning with a tear on my cheek
And I found myself thinking of you.
Yes, you in the back in the light grey scrubs
And you in the navy blue.

How can I express what you all meant to me
As you dutifully put in your shifts.
God bless the nurses who serve every day,
Without you I=d still be adrift.

I know there are others who make up your team
But you are the ones I remember.
You touched my heart in the fall of my life.
I=ll be grateful until its December.

Just so you know, I=m doing just fine,
Except my heart valve now ticks like a clock.
I=ve traded my gown for a bath robe and jeans
And my TED Hose for argyle socks.

Tell the PT=s I still go for walks,
Though my jeans hide the flash in the rear.
Thanks for your service, may you all find your joy,
And thank you for coaxing this tear!


No comments:

Post a Comment