Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dixie Red and Blue














Something there is in Dixie that doesn’t like outsiders!
You’d think since I was born there I’d be welcome there beside her.
I visit there quite frequently with nothing ever due
Then abruptly pay the piper with the flashing red and blue.

Its not that I am of a mien to repudiate jurisprudence,
I never speed of habit, I’m afraid that I’m just too dense
To pay the due attention to that handy roadside signage
And spare my wife and children from senseless financial peonage!

If ever you pass a limit sign with a crooked road impending,
You can bet you’ll find a constable hidden amongst the bending!
Don’t even think to pass a cop! Do not capitulate!
Lest you expose that sticker, there on your backside plate!

Its in the cosmos, zen and true; a balance must be gained.
Those who are “in” in Dixie, enjoy yet are never pained.
But those of us outsiders, when a “red rock” fix we’re pining,
Must cautious be, almost covert, if we’d avoid the fining!

2008

No comments:

Post a Comment