Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sequins!



















Spring has sprung, the grass is risen
And out of their dark and dreary prison
The sequins come from everywhere,
They're in my eyes, they're in my hair!

I've watched them from the bedroom ooze.
I've even found them in my shoes!
I've felt their dreadful horrid bite
While trying to get to sleep at night.

Although I thought they'd never stoop,
They're holding swim meets in my soup!
I cannot stand it, I can't go on,
I'm sure I saw those creatures spawn!

My wife, she says, "Be patient Dear,
You know it's just that time of year
When little girls begin to prance
And in recitals want to dance."

Well, as for me, I've had enough.
I cannot take this kind of stuff!
Those shiny, sparkly, colored lice;
I was patient once, but this makes twice!!

"HELP ME!", someone, I beg of you!
I'll take pneumonia, even flu,
But help me rid my humble house
Of this shiny, sparkly, colored louse!!!

Written while my wife was sewing dance costumes for at least a "million" little girls. 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment